Food Farm to Table - Demonstration, Tasting and Talk - British White Cattle
Butcher Demonstration | Try the rare British White Cattle | Cooking Demonstrations
As part of Heritage Breed Week, we're inviting you to join our butchery team as we welcome local producers of the rare heritage breed British White Cattle - Brooklands Free Range Farms to a day at the Prahran Market.
The day will include butchery demonstrations, product tastings and the opportunity to connect with the farmer.
Being the first retailer in Australia to sell British White Beef directly to our customers we're excited to welcome Brooklands' owners Nat and Jono to the market for this showcase day.
This morning at the Prahran Market will include;
- Butchered beef demonstration by butcher John to break down an Agri of beef, showcasing each of the cuts and best practice for butchering
- Hear from the farmers (Nat and Jono of Brookland's Free Range Farms) about the British White Cattle breed and their approach to pasture-raised farming methods
- A cooking demonstration with chef-turned-butcher Nathan for cooking up our top three cuts for braising, grilling and baking
- Our friends at the market - Blackhearts and Sparrows will be pairing wine to each of the three dishes to enjoy during the demonstration
- Complimentary discount vouchers to be spent at the Hagen's Organics (Prahran) and Black Hearts and Sparrow Wine Store will be available to guests on the day