Christmas Entertaining Workshop
We’re teaming up with one of our all-time favourite event and design companies (who also happens to be one of our awesome customers) Firecracker Event to bring you a festive workshop themed workshop to teach you how to throw the perfect Christmas lunch!
This is a hands-on practical class where you’ll learn to glaze a whole ham, stuff and truss a chicken, choose and prepare the side dishes, then lay and style a table for multiple people. After all the learning is done, we’ll sit down together to eat, drink and be merry for lunch.
We’ve timed it so you have all the tips and tricks up your sleeve so you can throw your own party in the festive season.
What will I be doing?
You'll be lavished with tips, tricks, and industry secrets from two of the best in the business. Oliver runs his second-generation organic butcher, Hagen's Organics, and is knowledgeable about organics, the provenance of his animals, how to prepare and butcher meat as well as how to cook it. Cassie is the founder and director of Firecracker Events, she has many years experience in hospitality, events and making occasions memorable. She'll teach you how to cook, style your table and the best ways to entertain your guests so they feel at home.
- After the welcome and introductions are complete, you'll head into the kitchen to learn about how Hagen's source their meet and the methods the farmers use to raise their animals.
- We'll then go through traditional cuts of meat usually served at Christmas with tips and instructions on how to prepare and cook them.
- You'll get hands-on stuffing the chicken for lunch and preparing the side dishes for the table.
- Then head on to style and set a table for when you have multiple guests. We'll teach you how to lay the table to make the most out of your space and the way to pair and style crockery, boards, and baubles.
- After all the learning is complete we'll sit down together to a delicious feast with the food we've prepared, wine and merry chat!
- You'll leave with some goodies to take home including an information pack of what you've learned on the day with some of our favourite festive recipes.
Who is this event suited to?
People who love food, entertaining and learning. It's probably best for vegans and vegetarians to sit this one out there will be a lot of meat talk and eating.
Where will it be held?
Firecracker HQ - 87-88 South Crescent, Northcote 3070
Who will be running the workshop?
Oliver Hagen - passionate sustainability foodie and owner of Hagen's Organics
Cassie Lucas - owner and creative genius behind Firecracker Event.
How long will it go for?
3 hours including lunch
How much are tickets?
$220.00 (all fees and charges inclusive in this price)
What should I bring?
Just yourself. As you'll be in a commercial kitchen please wear closed toed shoes to protect your piggies.
Grinches and vegans might want to sit this one out as there will be lots of festive cheeriness, talk of meat and the eating of meat.
Book your tickets with the link below. Numbers are very limited.