Recipe for Rib Eye and Rocket, Orange and Fetta Salad
Posted on October 27 2016
- 500g Rib eye steak
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place a table spoon of olive oil in an oven safe pan and add the steak. Season with salt and pepper then turn steak over and coat the other side in the oil and only salt. **always add pepper after you've completely finished cooking as pepper can burn and change the flavour of the steak.**
- Cook the steak in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn on the BBQ to a hot heat.
- Prepare the salad.
- Take out of the oven and rest the steak for 20 minutes.
- Place the steak directly onto the BBQ and cook for 5 minutes, then turn over and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- 3 cups of washed rocket.
- 200g danish fetta.
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced.
- 2 oranges. (one cut into segments, the other zested and juiced for dressing)
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Teaspoon of chilli flakes, fresh chilli or chilli oil to taste.
- To make the orange vinaigrette; combine the juice of one orange and its zest, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil and chilli.
- Place rocket, orange segments and fetta in a bowl and dress with vinaigrette.
- Slice the steak and place on top