Quinoa Coated Chicken Wings
Feeds 4 people
- 12 (about 1kg) Chicken wings
- ½ cup Plain flour
- 2 700g eggs, whisked with a fork
- 2 cups Quinoa flakes
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 3 cups Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS Red wine vinegar
- 2 stalks Celery
- 2 TBS Finely sliced spring onions
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare 3 bowls, one filled with the flour, the other with the egg, and that last with the quinoa, salt, pepper and curry powder mixed together.
- Dust the chicken in the flour, mix through the egg and roll in quinoa flakes.
- On a medium heat, fill a deep sided fry pan or medium sized pot with the oil until half full (or until there enough to cover the chicken). Heat until 160°C
- For the coleslaw, combine mayonnaise, mustard, cabbage, vinegar, celery, spring onions, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix through until cabbage is evenly coated.
- Cook the chicken a couple pieces at a time, removing from the oil when golden brown (don’t have the heat too high, or the chicken will burn on the outside and not cook through). Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve chicken alongside the coleslaw, garnishing with extra spring onions and cayenne pepper.