Please see below the current status of our online and in-store services and orders.
At Hagen’s Organics it is our priority to ensure our community has access to fresh, local meat for your families during this time of crisis.
We are taking action to reduce the spread of Covid-19 by making changes at our stores and online orders for the foreseeable future
OUR PRACTICES - FOOD HANDLING & DELIVERY
We have taken specific steps to at our Richmond boning room (where online orders are prepared) based on guidance from the Australian and Victorian government health departments.
- Limited the access to our Richmond site to only include our core staff. Customers and third party delivery drivers are not currently permitted on site
- Staff have been asked to practice social distancing and are not permitted on premises if they come into contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are showing symptoms
- All team members who can work from home are doing so
- Staff have undergone training and continue to maintain thorough and consistent hand washing practices
- We have engaged the services of additional professional cleaners to ensure surfaces and facilities at our premises are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned during and after production
- To monitor any potential changes to our team’s health, each staff member has been allocated a thermometer to assess their temperature upon arrival at work and during their shift to ensure their body temperature is within the normal range and does not indicate signs of fever
- Delivery drivers in most cases are Hagen’s team members and follow our hygiene protocols when delivering meat to customers
- We are focused on eliminating contact between drivers and customers. Drivers will not be entering customers’ homes or interacting with them at the door. Instead, drivers will call customers just before arrival to the residence and advise they will be leaving the deliveries by the door. Once the driver has departed, customers can go to the door to bring their deliveries inside
- We will not be accepting returns of recycled packaging at this time. Please hold onto it for your own personal use or dispose of via compose (for Woolcool packaging) or general waste
- For more information on food-handling for businesses during Covid-19 please see the Victorian Department of Health here
Store pick up orders - We have closed orders for pick up at the stores. We will re-open them again as soon as we can.
Delivery order disruption this week (Melbourne metro)- updated 02 April
Friday 3rd April - orders closed
Saturday 4th April - orders closed
Tuesday 7th April - orders close
Wednesday 8th April - orders close
From Thursday 9th April - orders open
Hagen's are closed for Easter Friday.
Disruption to product supply - We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to meat supply, however, we are currently expecting that there will be limited supply in chicken in the coming week. Therefore, we have placed a limit of 1kg of chicken per cut, per customer (e.g. 1kg of chicken wings + 1kg of chicken thighs = YES; 2kg of chicken thighs = NO).
We have also placed a limit on eggs, customers are only allowed to order 1 dozen per order
All stores are expected to run as usual (full days and opening hours available here). If you are feeling unwell, please stay home from the markets. We have delivery options available servicing many areas across Victoria.
No store pick ups for online orders - all online orders are only available for delivery only.
No reusable containers - We will be serving all products in individual bags for in-store purchases. While we are proud of the steps we’ve taken to reduce plastic reliance in our stores through Tupperware and reusable containers, at this time we will not be accepting customer containers to put meat into.
All stores are going cashless – we will have EFTPOS and credit payment options available through contactless card.
We have taken steps to ensure hygiene and contamination protocols including increased hand-washing and cleaning for our team and premises, and will continue to adhere to government led initiatives as they are implemented.
We will continue to update you as information comes to light and how it might affect you and your meat. So please check back to this page – or follow us on Facebook and Instagram to hear about updates
Oliver, Ruby and Sue Hagen and the Hagen’s Organics Team