A fresh and vibrant salad to serve alongside your Roast Turkey or Porchetta, by the wonderful Vanessa Gordon! This simple salad features fresh peas as they're in their prime and they're complemented with creamy buffalo mozzarella and sugar snap peas. Mint and lemon accentuate the freshness of this side dish, perfect for serving alongside richer cuts of meat.
Serves 4 - 6 as a side
- 600 grams podded peas
- 120 grams sugar snaps
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to finish
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 buffalo mozzarella
- pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Blanch the peas and sugar snaps until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and then refresh by running under cold water or plunging into a bowl of iced water.
- In a large mixing bowl, tumble together the peas, sugar snaps, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and chopped mint—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with torn buffalo mozzarella, lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to finish.