Shop This Recipe
A lemony, buttery, caper-topped mid-week dinner that can be served up in fifteen minutes. In a few simple steps, you have yourself a restaurant quality dish to serve alongside a fresh salad or greens.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 500g Organic Chicken Breast Fillet
- 1/2C Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 2/3C White Wine
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Parsley, roughly chopped
- Sliced Lemon to serve
- Cut each breast horizontally and turn one breast into two thinner breasts. Try to do this as evenly as possible to ensure for an even cook and you'll need a sharp knife to do so.
- Season flour with salt and pepper and combine, then dust each piece of chicken in the flour and dust off any excess.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Once heated, fry off the chicken until golden. About 2 minutes on one side and then turning over to finish. Remove from pan.
- It's important to then wipe the pan clean as any burnt bits of flour will show up in your sauce.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan and add in onion and garlic. Turn heat to low and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add in white wine, capers and sugar and increase heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir through lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- To serve, lay your chicken on a platter and pour over sauce. Scatter sliced lemon throughout and garnish with the parsley.