Crispy skin salmon with a zingy salad that comes together in 5 minutes. Perfect for a single meal when you’re strapped for time and impressive enough to cook for a group of friends. Salmon from the supermarket is incomparable to our Ora King Salmon and this dish highlights the quality!
- 2 x Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Quarter White Cabbage
- 1/2 Fennel
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 2 tbsp Capers
- Juice 1/2 a lemon
- Take salmon out of the packet and wipe down with paper towel until dry.
- Place the fillets on a plate, skin side up and cover the skin with salt.
- Put in the fridge for an hour to dry the skin out, or for however long you can spare.
- Use a mandolin to shred the onion and place in bowl with vinegar, salt, pepper and a splash of water to pickle the onion.
- Then use the mandolin to shred the cabbage and fennel and toss together with the roughly cut parsley and capers.
- Squeeze lemon over the top, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile a bed of slaw onto a plate and top with pickled onion.
- Heat a heavy based pan on high with enough oil to cover the base.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully place the salmon skin side down into the pan and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Season the underside of the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once 3/4 of the salmon is cooked, usually around 5 minutes, flip over and cook remaining side for only a minute or two depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- Place salmon on top of slaw and drizzle with a little olive oil to finish.