Let’s face it, you’re likely to wake up on Boxing Day with a sore head and a fridge full of ham. We have a cure for both of these scenarios with our EPIC Leftover Christmas Ham Toastie. This is what you need, trust us.
- Leftover Christmas ham
- Falco Bakery Country Loaf, sliced
- 200g of Montgomery's Cheddar, grated
- Tracklement Original Onion Marmalade
- Saint David Dairy Butter
- Start by cutting your Falco Bakery Country Loaf into slices. Take the bread from the middle of the loaf to maximise your toastie size.
- Grate your cheese and put a handful on the one side of one piece of your bread. Top the cheese with as much of the ham as you like. Place a little more cheese on the top of your ham. On the other piece of bread, smear plenty of Tracklemont Original Onion Marmalade. Season the ham side with plenty of salt and pepper and close the sandwich.
- Smear some butter/leftover mustard sauce/mayonnaise on to one side of your sandwich. Place the smeared side down into a heavy based frying pan and place cold on to a low-medium heat. Place something heavy, such as a pot on the top of the sandwich and allow to cook for around 5-7 minutes. Check occasionally to ensure you don’t burn it. Apply more butter/leftover mustard sauce/mayonnaise to the unsmeared side before flipping the sandwich over and cooking for a further 3-5 minutes. We reduce the cooking time on this side as the pan is now hot and the cheese should already be on the way to melting.
- Once caramelised, remove from the pan and allow to cool for around 5 minutes before cutting in half. Season with a little more salt and pepper and serve on a plate with the Tracklemont Dijon Mustard.