From the pantry or Hagen's veggie box:
Mayonnaise or butter*
Gruyere cheese, grated
Parmesan cheese, grated
Note: we haven’t put any amounts in for the cheeses, that’s up to you depending on cheesy you want it.
*If you haven’t tried mayo on your toastie, give it a try, it’s amazing!
1. Slice your bread. Grate your cheese and mix together. Finally shave your truffle with a mandolin. Shave enough discs in to create a single layer of truffle in your toastie.
2. Put your pan on a low to medium heat. Liberally mayo one side of your bread and place mayo side down in the warming pan. Add a handful of cheese mix and spread out over your bread. Gently place your truffles on to the cheddar. Place another handful of cheese mix on your truffle and top with a little parmesan.
3. Place the second piece of bread down on to your sandwich, but don’t mayo it yet. Place a heavy pan on top of the sandwich and let it grill away. Keep an eye on it as you don’t want it to burn, you just want the right amount of caramelisation, around 5-7 minutes. Remove the old weighted pan and mayo the top of the bread and flip over. Grill the second side of your toastie for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the toastie from the pan and set aside. Add a handful of cheddar and parmesan mix to the pan and let it melt until it splits. Place your toastie back down on the melted cheese for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is caramelised. Remove from the pan and flip over so the cheese chip is on top.
5. Season and cut you grilled cheese in half. Enjoy!